Friday 6 February 2015

6th February 2015






I did a doodle today as part of some preliminary works for a larger canvas. Ever since I was little, I have loved the work of Monet. The gorgeous fresh and serine colours, the hazy strokes and beautiful flowers and the tranquil waters. My favourites are his water lily ponds. Stunning.

So with an air of challenge and a love of spring tones, I am aiming to create my own series of water lily paintings in my style and with my imagination thrown into the wonderful colour and texture pot. So today started with some rough mock ups of one concept in a number of colourways and backgrounds, to see which I am drawn to the most. They start with the 'full ensemble' (so to speak), the shadows and light of the water and reflections eventually being simplified and stripped away.

Which stands out to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Doodle Diary. Have you sneaked a peak at my Stories and Stuff Blog? No... no time like the present!
http://vrheal.blogspot.co.uk/