Wednesday 29 April 2015

29th April 2015

I did a doodle today as part of my studies of the works of Ernst Haeckel (see my blog post: Art Forms in Nature >).

Today I have gone a bit botanic with my Nepenthes (also known as Tropical Pitcher Plants or Monkey Cups, the latter named because monkeys have been seen drinking out of them - I think that is a worthy picture to create in itself).

I think that not only are Haeckels drawings of these stunning, but the plants themselves are madly-beautiful. Big and bulbus and twisted in colour. I love them.

My recreation copy-doodle:



Ernst Haeckel's beautiful illustrated studies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Doodle Diary. Have you sneaked a peak at my Stories and Stuff Blog? No... no time like the present!
http://vrheal.blogspot.co.uk/