Friday 1 May 2015

1st May 2015

I did a doodle today as the final (for now) studies of the works of Ernst Haeckel. I have gone a slightly different way with this one, as the work of Haeckel I have picked shouted "PATTERNS" to me. I think you will see why.

Ascidian:
Ascidiacea (commonly known as the ascidians or sea squirts) is a class in theTunicata subphylum of sac-like marine invertebrate filter feeders. Ascidians are characterized by a tough outer "tunic" made of the polysaccharide tunicin, as compared to other tunicates which are less rigid. [ref Wikipedia]

Haeckel's study of Ascidian is so detailed and beautiful that I wasn't even going to try to mimic it - I couldn't! But I loved the patterns that these gorgeous 'sea squirts' (fab name) produced and wanted to try to develop one of the patterns. So here goes...

The beautiful studies of Ascidian by Ernst Haeckel:


My copy doodle:

























My pattern development:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Doodle Diary. Have you sneaked a peak at my Stories and Stuff Blog? No... no time like the present!
http://vrheal.blogspot.co.uk/